Welcome to this weeks motivational quotes post. This week our post takes a look at what some people see as the art of playing the victim. It was actually a hard post to write, made us look at ourselves and see where we need to improve to lead a happier life. When we say the victim mindset we are talking about the people who always have issues or complaints about everything in their lives, they are always the victim. Unfortunately these people take away from those who have real issues such as the loss of a loved one, abuse, violent crime, PTSD, etc, who need our love and support to get them through their time of need. At the end of tis post we will put a list of signs that you may sometimes be playing they victim in you daily life, I know there were a couple that I was able to check off, so now I know thatI have some things that I need to improve on in my life.
1. "A weak and insecure man will find it almost irresistible to constantly claim victimhood whenever he can. It is a solid way to avoid hard work, responsibility and give the illusion of moral righteousness". - Unknown
2. "I can choose to be a victim of the world or an adventurer in search of treasure. It's all a question of how I view my life". - Paulo Coelho
3. "You are not responsible for the programming you picked up in your childhood. However as an adult you are 100% responsible for fixing it. When you blame others you give up your power to change". - Unknown
4. "The victim mindset will have you dancing with the devil, then complaining that you are in hell". - Steve Maraboli
5. "I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions". - Unknown
6. "Mindset is what separates the best from the rest". - Unknown
7. "When you complain, you make yourself a victim. Leave the situation, change the situation, or accept it. All else is madness". - Eckhart Tolle
8. "I am not what happened to me. I am what I choose to become". - Unknown
9. "Selfish people also tend to have victim mindsets... Their actions plant seeds of loneliness; Then they cry upon blooming:. - Steve Maraboli
10. "Instead of becoming a victim of your life, become a student of you life and watch yourself become a better person for it". - Unknown
Signs that you may have a victim mindset
1. You have a belief that others are responsible for what happens in your life, not yourself.
2. You posses the Life is Against Me attitude.
3. You blame or accuse those who love you for the way you feel.
4. You continuously try to one up everyone with your tragic experiences.
5. You find something to complain about even when things are going good.
6. You are constantly putting yourself down.
7. You feel that you don't have the power to change your circumstances.
8. You react badly or feel upset when someone gives you constructive criticism.
9. You see every problem as a life changing event and blow it out of proportion.
10. You attract people that see life similarly to yourself (You can have a real pity party then).
11. You keep reliving painful past events that made you feel like a victim.
12. You believe that you are always the target of mistreatment.
13. You will always blame situations or people for why you feel bad.
14. You believe that everyone else is better off than you.
15. You never take responsibility for your own happiness.
16. You feel powerless or unable to cope with any any problem that life presents.
17. You refuse to take a good look at yourself and find ways to improve your life.
18. You always have the "Life is against me" attitude.
19. You enjoy sharing your tragic life stories with others.
20. You never do anything wrong, it's always someone else's fault.
This list could go on and on. Lets face it, the majority of the people in the world play the victim at some point. I know when I went through this list I saw a couple of things that I have done in the past. The key is to learn from your past, take responsibility for your actions and change to become a better version of you.
I hope you will join us here weekly for our weekly quotes.
Follow us on:
We are always looking for guest writers. If you have a story about minimalism, travel or have a great story to tell on The Rant page that you would like to get out there then please feel free to contact us.
Join our mailing list to know when our next post comes out.
Disclosure: This site contains affiliate links, meaning that at no cost to you, I will earn commission if you click through and make a purchase.