We have all heard the saying “You’ve got to fake it till you make it”. A lot of people take this saying a believe it to be a true fact of life. These are the sort of people who most of us can pick out after spending just a short amount of time with them. Unfortunately, if you try to fake it before you actually end up making it then it can lead to some dire consequences both mentally and financially if things don’t work out the way you expect. Do you know people who are trying to live their lives this way?
How you can pick out a fake person:
1. They are in constant need of validation for the things that they have done, whether in person or on social media.
2. They constantly name drop.
3. They always talk about how much money they are going to make.
4. They are always trying to one-up others so that they can shift the spotlight to themselves (real successful people listen to others and get excited about the journey those people are on).
5. They are constantly broke (they spend all of their money trying to keep up the image they have created).
6. They are more about brand perception than the quality of the items they have.
7. Their circle of friends usually consists of people who are like minded.
8. They always have an excuse when a project they are working on fails.
9. They brag about their future plans (They are always planning but never doing). All talk and no action.
10. They aren’t dependable. (Always have a better thing that they have a chance to do or an excuse as to why they can’t contribute).
Fake co-workers or fake people in general usually end up failing in life. They end up becoming stressed or even broke trying to keep up their charade. You are better off in life and in your career to work hard and do everything within your means to achieve your goals.
If you want to be more successful or get that promotion the you have to learn to set goals that exceed what you or your employer are looking to achieve. Let your boss or friend know what goals you are looking to achieve by a certain time and keep them updated during the process. When you have reached, or exceeded those goals then when it comes time for that raise or that job vacancy comes up that you desire then you have concrete proof that you have what it takes to do that job.
“Actions speak louder than words”.
If you haven’t had a chance to read our post about goal setting then you can read The Art Of Setting Goals at https://www.aliferebooted.com/leader/the-art-of-setting-goals
This weeks book is The Success Principles. A must read if you are looking to get ahead in business and in life.
We have started a new Facebook Group specifically for those who are trying to stay motivate so that they can improve their business and personal life. We would love for you to join our page for daily quotes and updates of when our new motivational post and our new series of blog posts aimed at improving your everyday life. You can join the page at https://www.facebook.com/Be-Your-Own-Leader-2487540467936932/
Follow us on:
We are always looking for guest writers. If you have a story about minimalism, travel or have a great story to tell on The Rant page that you would like to get out there then please feel free to contact us.
Join our mailing list to know when our next post comes out.